Welcome to "Bookstore Buzz," your one-stop destination for all the latest and greatest from Sundog Books! Here, you'll find a curated collection of our newsletter highlights, along with media articles featuring our beloved indie bookstore. Get a behind-the-scenes look at our author events, staff picks, community happenings, and the stories that have put Sundog on the map. Dive in to explore our journey, and join us as we continue to celebrate the love for literature and the power of community, one page at a time. Enjoy the buzz!
- 15 Titles for Every Book Lover - Sept. 26, 2023
- 21 Books for This New Release Tuesday - Sept. 19, 2023
- Back to School Picks for Young Readers by Cassidy Cobb - Sept. 13, 2023
- An Unforgettable Evening with Jack Davis - Sept. 13, 2023
- New Release Explosion Tuesday - Sept. 12, 2023
- New Release Tuesday: The 12 Books that Could Change the Way You Think - Sept. 5, 2023
- Article Spotlight: Publishers Weekly - August 29, 2023
- Tuesday's New Releases - August 29, 2023
- Bookseller Cassidy's Picks - August 28, 2023
- Savoring New Release Tuesday - August 22, 2023
- Jack Davis Author Event with Florida House on Sept. 7, 2023
Sundog Books Named #1 Bookstore in Florida to Visit by Southern Living Magazine, Read Article
Sundog Books In the News
- National News
- Publishers Weekly, 8/18/23 "What One Bookseller Learned from a Florida Panhandle Bookstore" by Linda Kass
- VIE Magazine, July 2023 Edition, "Sharing His Legacy Through Stories" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- VIE Magazine, July 2023 Edition, A Note from the Editor-In-Chief by Lisa Burwell
- Garden & Gun Magazine, 6/11/23 "30 Ways to 30A" by Blane Bachelor
- New York Times, 6/6/23 "36 Hours in the Panhandle" By Shannon Sims Photographs by Robert Rausch
- Observer, 5/19/23 "An Insider’s Guide to Florida’s 30A" by Margaret Abrams
- Travel Lens, 3/14/23, "20 Best Things to Do in WaterColor, FL"
- Southern Living Magazine, 1/24/23 "20 Bookstores Everyone Should Visit In Florida" by Linnea Bailey
- Flamingo, 1/23/23 "Calling All Readers (and Writers): 13 Favorite Florida Indie Bookstores" by Samantha Fitzgerald
- VIE Magazine, 5/2/22 "Sundog Books Donates Books to Local Teachers in Honor of Teacher Appreciation Month"
- Garden & Gun Magazine, June/July 2017 "Get to Know Florida’s 30A"
- Publishers Weekly, 8/18/14 "What’s Cooking at... Sundog Books" by Paige Crutcher
- D Magazine, 5/1/99 "Travel Finding the Soul of Seaside" by Warner McGowin
- Regional News
- SoWal.com, 8/2023 Sundog Books Literary Soiree with Jack Davis
- The Seaside Times, 8/29/23 "Pulitzer Prize Echoes: Seaside's Sundog Books Partners with Florida House" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- The Seaside Times, Summer 2023 Edition "Bookmarked Adventures" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- WMBB, 2/1/23 "Seaside community mourns loss of Sundog Books owner"
- WMBB, 2/1/23 "Sundog Books owner's legacy lives on through his favorite books" by Emma Riley
- WJHG, 1/31/23 "Walton County bookstore voted best in Florida" by Claire Jones
- WJHG 1/31/23 "Sundog Books Top Bookstore in FL"
- The Seaside Times, Fall 2023 Edition "The Best Fall Reads From Sundog Books" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- The Seaside Times, 5/4/23 "Sundog Books Donates Books to Local Teachers in Honor of Teacher Appreciation Month" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- The Seaside Times, Winter 2022 Edition "Sundog Books: The Best Winter Reads" by Michelle Hayes Uhlfelder
- The Seaside Times, Spring 2022 Edition "The Best Spring Beach Reads From Sundog Books"
- Northwest Florida Daily News, 5/6/22 "'A small thank you' to teachers: Sundog Books offers free books for school classroom libraries" by Jim Thompson
- Northwest Florida Daily News, 5/4/22 "'Banned Books Sold Here': Seaside book store offers titles taken off Walton school shelves" by Jim Thompson
- The Seaside Times, 5/5/21 "Sundog Books Celebrates its 35th Anniversary" by Laura Holloway
- The Seaside Times, Summer 2021 Edition "Sundog Books: The best summer beach reads from the indie bookstore" by Margaret Abrams
- The Seaside Times, Spring 2021 Edition "The best Spring Break beach reads to buy at Sundog Books" by Margaret Abrams
- Northwest Florida Daily News, 6/26/20 "Seaside curfew gets support among affected businesses and visitors"
- Emerald Coast Magazine, 4/15/20 "7 Reads From Sundog Books" by Rebecca Padgett Frett
- SoWal.com, 5/1/20, "Sundog Books Is A Seaside Original" by Mandy Chavez
- Northwest Florida Daily News, 7/15/19 "One of Seaside's oldest businesses" by Nathan Cobb
- The Seaside Times, Winter 2018 Edition "Holiday Book Ideas from Sundog Books"
- The Seaside Times, Summer 2017 Edition "Summer Essentials from Sundog Books"
- Emerald Coast Magazine, 8/9/16 "Independent bookstore succeeds even as chains are passing from view" by Hannah Burke
- The Seaside Times, Spring 2016 "Sundog Books: Just the Right Bookstore for Seaside"