The Creature Garden: An Illustrator's Guide to Beautiful Beasts & Fictional Fauna (Hardcover)
Husband-and-wife illustrator team Harry and Zanna Goldhawk, the founders of Papio Press, teach you how to make vibrant paintings of these beautiful beasts and fictional fauna:
- Mammals, including big cats, wolves, sloths, and red pandas
- Marine life, including whales, sea dragons, narwhals, and giant Pacific octopi
- Birds, including peacocks, cranes, owls, and flamingos
- Insects, including butterflies, moths, bumblebees, and damselflies
- Mythical creatures, including mermaids, unicorns, dragons, phoenixes, centaurs, and hippogriffs
- And more!
You’ll also learn how to draw botanical patterns from different environments—the garden, forest, jungle, and ocean—that enable you to surround your animal drawings with a natural environment.
Full of lush warmth and fairy-tale wonder, The Creature Garden is a wonderful addition to the repertoire of both seasoned artists and novices alike.
Husband and wife team Harry and Zanna Goldhawk met at university while studying illustration. After many late nights in the studio they discovered a shared love of nature and color that sparked many collaborative projects.
Harry and Zanna founded Pappio Press to give their main passion: beautiful animal illustration. The Pappio Press products are designed in house by Harry or Zanna (or both!). Both work hard to make sure that all the artwork they create tells its own unique and beautiful story, with gorgeous botanicals and characteristic animals.