A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples (Paperback)
Gay and lesbian couples have gained a lot of legal ground in recent years, including the right to marry. Although same-sex marriage is legal, it's important to stay up to speed on the laws governing parentage, adoption, civil unions, and domestic partnerships, which vary from state to state. And if you choose to remain unmarried, it's essential that you protect your rights and define your relationship in the eyes of the law--A Legal Guide for Lesbian & Gay Couples can help.
This plain-English guide shows you how to:
- have and raise children through adoption, donors, surrogacy, or foster parenting
- jointly buy a house or other property
- make decisions about living together, marrying, or registering
- make a will or living trust
- make medical decisions for each other, and
- deal with the end of a relationship.
With Downloadable Forms: includes access to 35 essential legal forms, including a sample parenting agreement, a will, and more.(details inside).